Thursday, March 29, 2012

The real thing

In the supermarket I said, 'I must have some real Italian Parmigiana.' Then I looked at the price.
'Oh dear, I'd better not.'
But Younger Son said, 'How often will you get the chance of real parmigiana?'
'Okay, you've talked me into it; pick a piece for me.'

It wasn't until we were going through the checkout that I realised that the lump of cheese he'd selected would cost nearly 20 euros. I gulped, hoped Husband wouldn't notice until it was too late, and then reassured myself with the thought that he'd bought 2 bottles of wine for about the same price.

Now all I have to do is restrict myself to grating a little on pasta dishes and not eating it by the chunkful.


Ooh, but it's very good.

4 comments:

Suburbia said...

Chunkfuls are best!
X

Leslie: said...

Ooh, wine and cheese from Italy! ENJOY to the max!

James Higham said...

Restrict yourself - y-e-e-e-s-s-s-s ...

Liz Hinds said...

They are, suburbia.

I'm doing my best, leslie!

y-e-e-e-s-s-s-s indeed, james. Almost impossible.