Friday, March 09, 2012

Pride comes before a fall

The pride
I put Moroccan lamb on to slow cook before I went to work this morning. I was so impressed with myself: it's perhaps the third time in my life I've managed to be so organised.


The fall
I'm sitting in work wondering why it smells like a casbah, then I realise it's me. (Although I don't know what a casbah smells like, the smell is as I imagine it would be.)
I touch my lip and suddenly I'm on fire, the result of cutting up chillies and not washing my hands eight times afterwards.

2 comments:

Trubes said...

Chillies can be even more potent if you rub your eyes after chopping them, I was almost blind in one eye, after doing such. I had to go to the eye hospital for an eye bath to sort it! After that, I always use flimsy rubber gloves when chopping the little blighters!
Di...xxxx

Liz Hinds said...

They are lethal little things, trubes.