Thursday, February 23, 2012

Today's bad decisions

1) Scratching my ear with the nib of a felt-tip pen.
2) Choosing bright pink toilet Bloo. I thought it would be fun but it just makes me feel sick.

And it's only 11 am.

And why have I got a navy blue king-size duvet cover in the airing cupboard? We've never had a king-size bed and, before you say that I probably bought it thinking it was a double and then couldn't be bothered to change it, let me assure you that I would never buy a totally plain navy blue duvet cover.

My life is one continual surprise to me.

Do you remember that advert: Can you pinch an inch? I can pinch at least 3. I would have to exercise like Madonna if I wanted to be rid of them and, unfetching as I find my flab, putting that much effort in is never going to happen. Which I suppose could count as one of my better decisions. What a shame there are so few of them.

However what I lack in good decision-making skills I make up for in brilliant ideas. (Even though Husband's face sinks when he hears the dreadful words, 'I've had a brilliant idea.') I am simply bubbling over with them at the moment but the time is not right to share - I have to shower and shop - so I'll leave you on tenterhooks. (What are tenterhooks? I shall google ... it comes from the process of stretching woollen cloth on frames called tenters and the hooks were used for securing the cloth. I thought had a copy of Brewer's Phrase and Fable that I could refer to but I only have the 20th century one.)

8 comments:

Furtheron said...

you have a very posh loo seat

Ole Phat Stu said...

Is 'I have a brilliant idea" the non-copyrighted version of 'I have a cunning plan' ? ;-)

jams o donnell said...

Pink is definitely a non no for bog blocks... Blue is the colour!

Liz Hinds said...

It's my special sparkly one, furtheron!

Should I copyright it now, stu?

Jams, it makes me thinking I'm peeing blood ...

nick said...

I don't know, I visit your blog expecting enlightenment and intellectual nourishment, and what do I get? A picture of a toilet bowl. It's most disappointing.
Still, I did learn a bit about the wool industry....

Leslie: said...

It looks like pepto bismal, which reminds me of nausea...

Can hardly wait to hear about your "brilliant idea," no matter what husband thinks! lol

NitWit1 said...

You are right about the pink toilet water. PINK is my most unfavorite color. I liked blue but switched to a product called Clorox toilet tablets only to find they soften toilet tanks cause leakage. Right now I still use them but it has cost me one toilet tank.

Suburbia said...

Love this post, it was like listening to the inside of my head!!