Sunday, May 08, 2011

My son, the wild-haired academic

I'm delighted to say that Younger Son's application to present a paper at the Royal Geographic Society's annual conference has been accepted.

It's based on his dissertation that looks at public awareness of marine environmental issues and, uniquely, the use of social media, such as Facebook, as a resource tool. Lots of you very kindly completed his on-line questionnaire that provided the information for his paper. So thank you very much.

When he is a famous wild-haired academic you can say, 'I taught him all he knows.'

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

Congratulations to YS! What a coup!

Furtheron said...

Congrats to him...

I should introduce him to my sons flat mate... last time I visited he had crabs in his camera case... from an experiment and they went to release them at midnight so the tide was right... Just imagine that conversation with a policeman!!!

jams o donnell said...

Congratulations to your son Liz