Friday, February 18, 2011

What are you doing this weekend?

It's going to be a complicated weekend.

Tomorrow morning Husband and I drive to Bristol Parkway station to meet Daughter who will be getting off the train from Exeter. She will give me her return ticket and I will get on the next train to Exeter.

In Devon I will be on hand to look after GrandDaughter should Son-in-law, who's on call, be needed in work and, meanwhile, Daughter and Husband will go to Derby to see Mother-in-law. Then Husband and Daughter will drive back to Devon and we will stay there the night and come home on Sunday.

Elder Son is also driving up to Derby from London for a visit to his ailing grandmother.

So you see what I mean about a complicated weekend? If we all end up in the right place at the right time it will be no thanks to me.

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

phew! Jon is finishing off his ceiling ie Jon is shedding and I am skipping! (ie filling one up!)

Katney said...

Here we have a three day weekend, and were it my choice, I would be in the mountains snowshoeing. But Hubby has a day long workshop tomorrow, we both have a two hour workshop tomorrow afternoon (he will decide when he knows how the day-long one is going at that point whether he will attend the short one). Besides that, I don't think the bursitis or the bum toe would let me hike--it could have been the snowshoes that aggravated the hip.

We are considering going to the movies tonight, though. The Eagle--takes place in some of the areas we visited this summer, but in the year 140 AD, so things might look a bit different.

CherryPie said...

That sounds like a logistical nightmare!

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

And you trust this arrangement to the rail network? You have more faith than I! LOL!

I hope it all goes smoothly. After all, it's not autumn so there won't be any leaves on the track. ;)

NitWit1 said...

I hope everyone had printed instructions!

My weekend is quite simple. Husband cooked a causual anniversary dinner and I was the dullest guest--still down with bronchitis.

So today I stayed home from church trying to do nothing and recover.

Katney said...

As you have returned to blogging it appears it all worked. Either that or we will hear a new story tomorrow.

My weekend did not go as planned. We decided to do the movie this afternoon, then Hubby came down with the creeping crud. His cough would not be welcome at the theater.