Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I was feeling grumpy because:

a) I'd put on weight;
b) I'd made vegetable curry for diner and Husband and Younger Son grumbled all the way through about the fact that there was no meat;
c) I'm struggling with my writing.

The last is the most serious. I'm frightened; I'm afraid that what sounds so good in my head won't be when it appears on the page. I have the story planned; I know what's going to happen but every time I sit at the computer I start to play Free Cell or I check Facebook five times or I visit blogs.

What I needed last night was a good dose of Zac's followed by two days with GrandDaughter.

See you soon!

6 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

For c) see
http://improbable.com/2011/02/01/further-advances-in-brainless-writing/

Stu

Furtheron said...

I'm sure the writing muse will soon return.

NitWit1 said...

I am struggling too, but in several different ways. I have a number of storylines which I store as titles so I don't forget them.

But I am playing musical chairs with computers.

I am playing musical chairs with Doctors and prescriptions. very aggravation to have a cupboard full of half used medicine, because doctors change their minds.

i am trying to read blogs, and just plain read on my Kindle with what time I seem to find.

My housekeeper is incapacitated, having her foot surgery. THIS REALLY CUTS INTO MY TIME. I have come to admire her worth however. It takes me a week to do what she does in 3 hours.

So go to Zac's and play with granddaughter. It usually inspires your stories!

nick said...

These meat-eaters make me laugh. Do they complain that ice cream has no meat in it? Or toast and marmalade? Or yogurt? So why does a vegetable curry require meat?

Suburbia said...

Oh I hope you get what you need and it all comes back to you.

I like veg curry!

Katney said...

paper and pencil

Of course, that could lead one to play tic tac toe with oneself.