Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pillock!

I've not had a good week eating wise so I wasn't looking forward to today's weigh-in but I'd lost a pound and a half. It seems to happen like that: when I think I've done badly I lose weight and when I think I've done well I don't. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere, probably involving eating more chocolate.

So I set off to drive to Mumbles feeling full of myself. 'Hey, I'm slim girl!' So when a white van pulled out in front of me I yelled, 'You pillock!' Then I was so amazed at myself for shouting that I burst out laughing.

But it set my style for the morning.

Next it was, 'I'm not going to slow down any more for you stupid seagulls, so move!
Closely followed by, 'People, do you have to walk in front of just as I'm manoeuvring out of a tight parking spot?'
And rounded off with, 'Little old lady, I wouldn't have let you pull out in front of me if I'd known you were going to drive so slowly.'

(Of course, obviously, I didn't actually shout these things; I muttered them under my breath - except for the pillock.)

So don't mess with me today cos I'm on fire!

2 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I think there is too much emphasis on the scales .. I know when I lose weight or put it on .. my clothes feel better or tighter .. might be different for others , just my opinion ... wouldn't want to cause a riot on here :-)

When I was away in France , ok I did a lot of walking,(more uphill than normal) but then I walk anyway, or cycle as I do not drive .. I drank, I ate, bread , pastries ( a few , so unusual for me) not sweet toothed.. (but I do like dark chocolate) .. I came back lighter. Only a few pounds but it wasn't my intention to lose anything.

I am always shouting out , especially to drivers, never given me enough room when I am cycling .. or in the bad weather PUT YOUR BLOODY LIGHTS ON.. it infuriates me, or when they HAVE to drive fast in WET weather and soak me. The other week at a bus stop, raining, I was fine as had umbrella , no what did they do .. drive fast, through the puddles, I ended up soaked .. Oh I can shout!

Anonymous said...

Instead, it shares their workload and guides them in this process and makes them capable of doing things independently by applying various methodsTalking about a career in real estate managementstudents have to realize that there are different portfolios in the domain which demand specialization The Bears, still hurting from losing the NFC title match in January, can afford to lose again the Packers or they will be in chase mode Plug-n-Play Troy Polamalu 2004
It will be secure and exact action for action procedure apparel from this site, which offer a item of guardant for the purchasing This hat become the most popular topic, if you like them, that quick action!Welcome to our website, thest hats are designed with an embroidered (raised) team logo on front and stitched NFL logo on the back The fan following can be viewed by the number of the NFL football?jerseys available these days The black and yellow mix of the hue is deadly plus it attracts anyone If you are a die hard NFL fan, you dread being seen without NFL jerseys
In the normal season, every team performs sixteen competition in September to December, in total seventeen weeks and generally in Saturday, and Sunday or Monday The prime minister of Turkey assured the people and army to safeguard the 87 years old secular system Their costs will most probably differ with respect towards authenticity within the new outfits really provide when it arrives towards gamers when we can't win, when i mistake the price, i'll be very angryDear Sir/MadamWelcome to which is a Global Wholesale and Distribution Center for caps/hats

[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/owen-daniels-jersey-cheap]Owen Daniels Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-champ-bailey-womens-jersey]Champ Bailey Kids Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/alfred-morris-jersey-elite-c-6_55.html]alfred morris jersey white[/url]