Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In which I fall off the toilet

It all started with my dancing legs.

Do you ever get that? Late yesterday evening my legs went all twitchy and wriggly and couldn't keep still. It was just before bed too, so it wasn't good timing. I walked upstairs, muttering to myself about legs that want to go out on the town while the rest of me wants to sleep, and, in this state of distraction, sat down on the toilet - to promptly fall off.

When you've been using the same toilet for 20 years you come to know what to expect. Your bottom anticipates a certain height and feel to the seat. If it doesn't find that, your whole body is thrown into turmoil. Or mine was. Hence the slight tumble.

And all because Husband left the seat up.

(And, yes, I know I've used a split infinitive but, as I've said before, when you understand the rules, you can break them.)

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I fell asleep on the loo a few weeks back - fortunately I woke up in time! lol!

jams o donnell said...

A seat up crime? Time to mete out swift and terrible vengeance on the husband!

Rose said...

Lol, this is why Hubby and I have separate bathrooms.

I've been on sort of a blogging break for several days now--both daughters were home this weekend, which meant lots of giggles and tears. So I'm catching up with all your posts today; I can't comment on all of them, but how nice Husband is helping clean out the attic (mine's idea of cleaning is to move things from one box to another). And how wonderful to get to meet Katney and her husband!

Leslie: said...

I'm falling off the toilet reading this! lol

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Don't start me off on my toilet humour one liners.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Men!