Saturday, July 17, 2010

I've had a reprieve

Husband drove up to Derby this morning to fetch his parents who are coming to stay for the week. I had a list of things to do while he was gone:
prepare lasagne - done;
prepare lower-fat lasagne for me (phooey) - done;
make rhubarb cake - done;
go to butcher - done;
walk George - done;
clean sink and work surface in the kitchen - done;
get down on hands and knees and scrub kitchen floor - ummm, that's what I should be doing now but Husband phoned to say there'd been lots of traffic and he was late leaving Derby so they won't be here for another 3 hours. Yay!

I might even have time to tidy the study before showering and sitting back relaxing. 'Oh yes, my home always looks this immaculate.'

2 comments:

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Scrub kitchen floor???

Go get a pair of husbands shoes.Put them on. Walk in muddy field wearing them. Traipse backwards and forwards all over kitchen floor in husbands muddy shoes. Clean up all evidence and replace shoes in wardrobe. Sit back and chastise husband for walking all over your nice clean floor without wiping his feet first. Problem solved.

Liz Hinds said...

Wish I'd thought of that, DD.