Friday, June 04, 2010

You can take the girl out of Wales ...

but you can't take the mam out of the girl.

Younger Son leaves on Sunday for Ibiza. He's spending the summer there again, working for a dive school. So I came back from holiday to face not only our washing but all of his too. And all to be done and dried before Sunday.

I really should have shown him how to wash his clothes at least. Ironing would be too much to hope for. Although he spent 18 months in Portsmouth so he must have washed some clothes then. Possibly.

But why do it yourself when you've got a sucker to do it?

6 comments:

Furtheron said...

we've one of those :-)

jams o donnell said...

T that's what mums are for Liz!

BeeWild said...

I'll have you know, I did consider doing the washing whilst you were away. But I didn't want to risk shrinking any of the clothes. Then I'd be in a pickle. Plus, it gives you something to do now you are back.

Plus, 3.5 months off! Stop complaining :p

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

No jams ... that is not what mums are for... I taught my boys to do their washing before they left school, .. and when they left home they had to do it.. and one went into the Airforce.. now they have women in their lives .. guess who does it now ... yep the women! That is their fault not mine :-)

sally in norfolk said...

I taught my boys how to use the washing machine years ago so i never do any washing for my older son who is 21 and just a little washing for my younger son who is 18 ...

Liz Hinds said...

How do they survive without us, furtheron?!

I think so, jams!

Cheeky son!

The thing is, anne and sally, when I'm doing a load of washing it's easier to throw it all in together. I just should have mentioned to YS that he should get himself sorted while I was away!