Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lord give us percy and meace

For your information, that is a Yamaha Drag Star 1100 motorbike. Oh you could tell! Oh bother, I've just noticed I took this photo before I realised that Baz is spelled with a z. (I changed it later, after Ric, Sue and Husband all pointed it out to me. Ooh, and now Blogger is telling me it should be s!)* * * * * * * * * *

Tom and Dick came to Zac's last night. Our study on the sudden deaths of Ananias and his wife was lightened by the accompaniment throughout of a deep rumbling snore from Dick. At the end Sean told us that Dick had come especially because he wanted us to pray for his father, Harry, who's very ill in hospital. And that he wanted us to say the Lord's prayer, which we did. And all the while he slept.

I just think it's wonderful when someone so unexpected asks for prayer - and that he knows where to come to ask. I believe God listens out for the cry of the unloved and the unlovely.

The seriousness of the situation was lightened again when Sean prayed for Harry ... in prison. Last time he'd seen him he'd been in prison so it was an easy mistake to make. Afterwards I told Sean about the time I'd led the men in prison in saying the Lord's Prayer and I'd got the words wrong; Sean then admitted to the occasion when he'd prayed for percy and meace. It's good to know I'm not the only one. (In spite of what some people seem to think!)

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Ace cake!

sally in norfolk said...

wow the cake is fab well done... Baz will be over the moon with it :-)