Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Summer weather

I was lying in bed this morning listening to the sound of the foghorn.

That's not the noise you want to hear of a summer's morning. Accurate though: I can usually see the lighthouse from my bedroom window and it was enveloped in fog today.

Mumbles Head is on the tip of Swansea Bay; across the sea is the steel town of Port Talbot. There is an old village saying that goes like this: if you can see Port Talbot it means it's going to rain; if you can't see it, it's raining.

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Picturesque, Liz and with added authentic sounds too.

Lia said...

I promise you Liz, I am nowhere near Wales, this time it's not because I am visiting Wales that it is foggy.

If it help, I live 3miles from the millennium dome or the O2 as it is now known and I can't see it from the front door which is where it normally should be.

I grew up by the sea and I love the sound of fog horns
Much love,
Lia xx

Leslie: said...

I used to be able to hear the foghorns when I lived a bit further south - they'd be blowing when the ferries came in & out of the ferry dock. This morning all I heard around 6:00 am was the new 2-year-old waking up and screaming for his Mommy.

Liz said...

Oh, yes, james, Port Talbot is very picturesque!

Bright and sunny here today, lia - so stay away! (No, not really, come and visit any time!)

The new 2-year-old, leslie?

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes