Sunday, July 05, 2009

The pride of Lions

South Africa might say they won the series but on points and, more importantly, morally, the British and Irish Lions did. And I'm not in the least bit biased.

The third test on Saturday was a great game. In spite of injuries to many of the first choice team and replacements having to be drafted in, the Lions, and especially the Welsh Lions (again no bias there), far outplayed the Springboks. Oh, it was a great game!

We went to the pub to watch it but arrived late and the place was jam-packed. We ended up - Husband and I - at opposite ends of the bar, Husband leaning against a shelf and me peering in round the door. I have a stiff neck but it was worth it!

What's next now? The Autumn internationals I guess. we must try and get to at least one Wales game.

No comments: