Monday, April 13, 2009

There's a hole in my bucket

Husband had a bad day today. First of all he got a puncture in the wheelbarrow, then the bottom fell out of his bucket.
He grumbled; I said he should take them back and complain. He said he would as, 'Things ought to last longer than 27 years.'

The bucket was one of my old nappy buckets. Remember those days? When terry nappies had to be soaked in nappisan before being washed?

The puncture in the wheelbarrow tyre is more serious. The bolts have rusted on and attempts to take the tyre off ended in a bent tyre-remover-thingy. Husband can either saw the bolts off and take the tyre to Kwik-fit or buy a new one. 'This is a proper man wheelbarrow though,' he said. 'I bought it in the builder's merchants in Morriston in 1981.'

'Yes, dear.' Give him another minute and he'd have been telling me the price too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've used re-usable nappies with all 4 of mine!

Leslie: said...

I'd forgotten how amusing men can be about their toys. Mine was outside blow-drying one of his headlights as it got damp inside. While trying to put the headlight back on, he got a cut on his hand, but I kissed his "boo-boo" better and now he's off playing with his car again. lol

Sarah Lulu said...

Yes I did use towelling nappies soaked in Napisan!

Aileni said...

Get a car tyre emergency repair can which will inflate and repair in one go.

nick said...

Well of course things should last more than 27 years. Standards have really been slipping. After all, I've got a fridge that's 26 years old and still going strong. Never had a wheelbarrow though so can't share my wheelbarrow-disaster anecdotes.