Thursday, April 23, 2009

From brandy and back

We had a wonderful walk from Brandy Cove to Caswell and back today. On a piece of unmade track, I pretended to be riding a horse, galloping and holding the reins. I even clip-clopped a few times but couldn't breathe as well so had to stop.

And we had an explore. We were very brave. Actually I was very brave: when we got to the dark narrow bits of path we hadn't been on before George made me walk in front. I knew I shouldn't have told him about St George and the dragon. He claimed he was 'watching your back' in case the dragon snook up from behind but we both know the truth.

I was even brave on the very narrow, way-too-close-to-the-edge-of-high-steep-cliff path.

I'll put the photos in a different post as adding photos always makes the layout go crazy; I'll just include this one shot. On the way down to Brandy Cove you pass a site and on the gate it has this sign. Any ideas what sort of site it might be?

Answer: a sewage treatment works, which sounds dreadful but you wouldn't know it was there. Apart from the sign!

6 comments:

Stu said...

'Explosive atmospheres' might include a dust/air mixture. Are they storing grain? Or grinding concrete or coal?

(Leaky) storage of gases or flammable liquids? (e.g. Paint?)

Liz Hinds said...

No.

Anonymous said...

Do the workers eat a lot of beans?

Liz Hinds said...

Strangely enough, that's closer, mutley!

Eternal Worrier said...

I can’t think why but Brandy Cove rings a bell. I think I may have stayed there when I was a kid. It looks lovely.

Furtheron said...

dangerous...

I was going to go with a power store of some kind.. flour?