Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We're going to FLY!

Betty is in the garage having new wings fitted.

This morning the mechanic phoned and said, 'We've taken off one of the wings and we've found two holes that need welding. It will be easier to do while the wing is off; would you like to come and look at them?'
'And me looking at the holes would be of what benefit exactly?'
He laughed. 'Okay, would your husband like to come then?'
'Naah, just go ahead and fix them, please.'

Honestly, like I'd have any idea.

* * * * * * *

I was on my way to the woods with George when I realised I was still wearing my slop-about-at-home trousers instead of my get-filthy-muddy trousers. I couldn't be bothered to go home and change but it hadn't been raining so it was only in a few places that I needed to tuck my trousers into my knicker legs.

I was just glad I was wearing knickers with proper elasticky legs.

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

Is Betty 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' in disguise?

Katney said...

Betty I can picture.

I have trouble with the knicker legs.

English English and American English have various discrepansies when it comes to pants, trousers, knickers, and...

You know what? I am having trouble with the wings, too.

Anonymous said...

LMAO, you are so funny, a real delight.