Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A right testiculator

In work yesterday Alun told me about a new word that has been added to the dictionary.

Testiculate (v), to wave one's arms round wildly while talking balls.

We agreed that we both knew a lot of testiculators.

Speaking of dictionaries, I had a very nice reply from a lady at Chambers dictionary regarding my query about foreseeable. She explained what had already been pointed out to me that all the fore- words are listed together under fore-. But she did add that they were always reviewing the way words are listed and would take comments into consideration.

* * * * * * * *

On Sunday Husband set up the video camera so I could film myself rehearsing my monologue for next Saturday evening (yes, next Saturday!) I waited until he was in the bath and Younger Son was out before I began and then it took me until yesterday evening to pluck up courage to watch any of it. Oh my, it is so embarrassing watching one's self on film. And I am so bad. I am a right testiculator; I need to practise lots. It's strange: I can do it with no problem in the middle of the woods.

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

Watching yourself on video is horrible. I'm just trying to get over this issue myself via posting stuff on YouTube. Funny how we are so self-conscious about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh liz - I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding being on film. The piece which you did on Christmas Eve was really good. George was aspiring to join you so I expect he tried to nudge you out of the limelight this time!
Wendy (Wales)

Liz Hinds said...

In my case, furtheron, it's realising that, 'Gosh, I make some funny faces! And I look really old!!!'

WEndy, I had to shut George out at one point during the recording! He definitely has aspirations. But thank you.