Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ireland 14 - 13 England

For once in my life I was seriously cheering England on. Or I would have been if there'd been anything to cheer.

As it is, Ireland is still on course for the Grand Slam. Wales can still win the Triple Crown (by beating Scotland, England and Ireland) and that match is the final game of the tournament on 22nd March. And judging by Ireland's performance today they don't deserve the Grand Slam either.

And now we're off to friends' for an Italian evening. Ciao!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I thought both games played today were awful - I went to sleep during the Scotland/Italy one! England unfortunatly have a lot of oafs in the team who cannot stick to the rules and give away penalties and acquire yellow cards. Phil Vickery should know better!

Furtheron said...

Frustrating - we didn't deserve to win, we didn't deserve to get that close. Yellow cards!!! What the hell is up with them!

Grr Grr!