Monday, January 12, 2009

A tasty bit of stuff

I was just reading some jokes on Saintly Nick's blog about Obama and his Hawaiian holiday. Or more particularly about the photos of Obama splashing around in the sea. Mmm, I thought, and googled for photos.

Then I googled for photos of Tony Blair on a beach holiday.

I had my post all set up and ready to go when I stopped. I thought, 'Is this pc?' Would I approve if someone compared swimsuit shots of Maggie Thatcher and Mrs Obama? I probably wouldn't mind but maybe I should.

So I didn't post the photos.

* * * * * * *

It's raining. The first rain we've had for weeks. It's much milder of course but not as pleasant for walking.

George and I played Find The Bone in the garden this lunchtime. I hid it and he had to find it. Well, it wasn't so much hidden as lying on the grass as it was his first time. I thought I might have to give him a clue but he found it no problem. He took a sniff of my hand, ran out, sniffed about and quickly traced it. He is a clever dog!

* * * * * * *

Daughter, Son-in-law, Holly Dog and Charlie Cat came down for the weekend so I made a hazelnut cake. It originates from the Cuneo region of Italy, from whence Ferrero Rocher source their hazelnuts. And it tastes quite praliney and truffley.

I accidentally gave the chocolate a long whiz in the liquidiser instead of a short whiz so the texture was stickier and the flavour more wholly chocolatey than it might have been otherwise, but it was very delicious. Rich - you couldn't eat too much - although Husband did manage two pieces for breakfast - and a bit different.
This photo of the two of them is deceptive. They had been on a very long walk during the day. When they're together they spend most of their time charging around, each trying to chase/get away from the other. (Mainly George being a pest and Holly getting fed up.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Jake's only a few months older than George, and he torments other dogs, too. He just thinks life is one big game.

That cake looks delicious. I must do some baking soon.

Lindsay said...

Yummy Yummy looking cake!

Katney said...

How is George responding to the non-boring activities?

Liz Hinds said...

Life is one big game, siani! George will tell you that!

It was, lindsay.

Very well, katney. He likes the treat idea.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

The cake looks wonderful. And George and Holly seem so contented there - George knows he is being good, doesn't he?

I'm going to google for the pics now!

Mauigirl said...

The cake looks great!

That was very politically correct of you not to post the pictures, no matter how disappointed I may be, LOL! (I've seen the Obama ones - he looks GOOD).

CherryPie said...

That cake looks delicious :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Welshcakes, they were contented briefly!

Mauigirl, he did!

Cherrypie, it was.