Monday, January 05, 2009

It's not that easy, Ms Bacall

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. "

I don't think I have a particularly quiet voice but I am often ignored in conversations. (I assume it's because I've not been heard but people may just be ignoring me ...) As you'd imagine my shouting is more like an irritated flea's than an angry bear's, so, today, when George was off at the other side of the adventure playground and heading in the opposite direction, I thought whistling might be more effective.

Put your lips together and blow. Pah!

5 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I can't whistle at all!

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly quiet but when needed I can shout -one of my many mothering skills ;0)...

Bread and butter was very lovley and has been eaten - actually it was crosiant and cream pudding but that does'nt sound right... it was soooo nice.... :0)

Puss-in-Boots said...

I can't whistle either, Liz. So don't worry, you're not alone. Of course, George is bound to take advantage of the fact that you can't whistle, isn't he?

Gattina said...

I can whistle when I put my fingers in the mouth. Then I become a star for all children ! My son when he was little always made me whistle to show it to his friends, lol !

Rose said...

I've never been able to whistle at all. Perhaps if Bogie had taught me, I might have learned.