Tuesday, January 27, 2009

George and God again

When we were starting on our walk this morning I had to remind George to be God-like. 'Don't walk ahead of me; don't walk behind me; walk next to me.' Although that analogy doesn't really work as God does sometimes go ahead to prepare the way and he often has to follow me, picking up the pieces. But I didn't want to confuse George. He was going to be confused enough very shortly.

We arrived at the adventure playground and George went into 'Icanseeamanthatmeansadogimgoingtoplaywithhim' mode and belted off. I could see a man but, as George soon discovered, no dog. George was left sitting on the path looking bemused. I could hear his brain working.
'man - rain - woods - dog - no dog - NO DOG?! - no dog? - ummm - oh - stick - eat.'

George reverts to a very basic thought process when we start out on our walk. It's not until he's well into it that he can consider Descartes or Nietzsche. Or even Mair.
xx

2 comments:

Rose said...

Now, why were you visiting a dog psychologist for George? It seems you understand his thought processes very well as it is.

Interesting ad campaign for rugby; I might even become a fan:)

Anonymous said...

Descartes? While chewing a stick?

Oh, you mean "I think therefore I yam,yam,yam....." ;-)