Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ephesians 4:11

And God gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to jump in feet first and be a warning unto others. Guess which group I fit into?

So this couple come to church this morning. They used to be regulars but left many years ago to attend another church in Swansea. The male half of the couple used to lead our music group so I'm sitting behind him and I'm thinking, 'He's a musician. We're desperate for musicians to go into the prison especially as one of our most reliable has just left to work in London. I wonder if he knows about the prison work. And how will he know if he wants to do it if he hasn't been told about it?'

It is a mark of my desperation that at the end of the service I don't go up to him and say, 'hello, it's nice to see you. How are you? Happy New Year' etc. No, I say, 'hello, would you like to go into prison?'

That's when I discover that it's the first time he's been to church for six years and he hasn't played his keyboard in that time either. So do I stop then? No, I say,' It's probably like riding a bike, isn't it?'

Did I say I was desperate?

Poor man has given me his email address. I haven't tried it yet: it could be a false one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol so glad someone else says things like that :0)

Liz how did you start helping at Zacs and the prison?

Leslie: said...

Aw go ahead and email him explaining the ministr. What's the worst that can happen? He'll never step foot in a church again. lol OR he just might be looking for something just like what you're doing.