Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A V.I.P.

I must be a Very Important Person.

The Chief Constable has written to me personally to ask for my opinion of the police. She says she is very interested in what I think. That's nice of her, isn't it?

And last night I met the man who might be the next High Sheriff. I am mixing with the crac-ac, you know.

Speaking of which I should tell you that we live in what is considered to be one of the better areas of Swansea (that's posh by Swansea standards of course). So it is with some concern that I note not one but two houses have been inappropriately and garishly decorated. Honestly the owners must think they're living in Blaenymaes. I'm surprised the local Neighbourhood Watch hasn't sent the boys round to have a quiet word.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a customer survey? ;-) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Liz, I still haven't become used to the Irish way with decorations. From the time of our first Xmas in 1990 when I first saw large plastic illumated reindeer in a garden.

James Higham said...

And what do you think of the police, Liz?

CherryPie said...

Ah yes we get some very nice displays and some very tacky ones by us!

Leslie: said...

We have some homes that are so beautifully decorated, they get into the paper's list of suggested visits. I don't bother because I don't have a ladder and am not terribly enthusiastic about falling off even if I did have one. But maybe next year, my big strong honey will do it for me! lol

You'll never guess! He's asked me to go to a Christmas Eve service! Wow! That's REALLY something! :D

Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh, you are honoured...what are you going to tell them? That could be quite interesting...

Furtheron said...

Mine just wrote to tell me that it's much safer where I live than most people apparently think. Only 2 houses a day are broken into and only 10 violent incidents happen at the weekends.

I'll sleep easier in my bed now clearly....