Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Doubting Lizzie

I'm involved in organising something and I'm suspicious. I shouldn't be but there's a little lingering niggle.

I was expecting - and dreading - that the person who's in charge would keep interfering and getting in the way but, on the contrary, he's keeping well out of it. So far out of it that even I am thinking it's about time he took more of an interest. He needs to know timings if nothing else. It's beginning to make me wonder. You see he was railroaded into this and I'm wondering if he's just waiting for us to fall flat on our faces so he can say, Told you so.' Of course if - when - we don't mess up but do brilliantly, he'll take the credit.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I'm not alone in these thoughts.

So, now, if you've read this, it'll be another mysterious post that doesn't make sense. Really it's just for me to empty my head. It's nothing to with blogging and I don't think anyone involved reads my blog but i don't want to be too specific - just in case!

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

Well, I read you and I hope you'll be a rousing success in whatever it is, even if he does take the credit. You'll know it was you and so will God. ;)

Katney said...

And won't you be just as proud as pudding when it all comes off well.

James Higham said...

Knowing that person, which I don't, it could well be as you say but maybe not. Perhaps, Liz.