Thursday, September 18, 2008

This is really me

In Abigail's Hotel, in Victoria on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, in Canada!

I keep saying to Husband, 'We're in Canada. We're really here in Canada.'
'Yes, dear.'

I am so glad Daughter planned the itinerary and booked all the hotels. Husband is inclined to say, 'It's just somewhere to sleep.' Daughter likes a bit of luxury and style.

In Vancouver we stayed at the Pan Pacific on the waterfront. A very luxurious hotel but I'm not sure if I don't prefer the one we're in now. Abigail's Hotel is a fascinating mix of old and new with lots of lovely personal and special touches that make it stand above a chain hotel, however posh. For one thing it has free internet! Hence I'm on here reporting back. And the home-made welcome cookies were 'to die for'. It's won best B&B in BC for the last 7 years (I think).

Anyway, having a wonderful time. Had a great lunch with jmb and leslie on Monday and, of course, I'll be writing in much more details with lots (oh, lots and lots!) of photos when I get back.

Today we drive up to Tofino on the west coast of the island. We're there for a couple of days and we plan to go whale watching and maybe to swim in hot springs in the rain forest. Rain forest in Canada? I know; I haven't worked that one out yet either.

Now I'm going to enjoy a cup of weak tea in the library of the hotel. Robust black tea it's called but someone forget to tell the teabag. Incidentally I've had some very posh silken teabags while I've been here. As well as berry shortcake, chocolate fondue, crab bisque, clam chowder - I have photos, don't worry! And I've fed seals!

See you later!
xx

21 comments:

CherryPie said...

Sounds wonderful :-)

Suburbia said...

Oh Liz it sounds like you're having a fantastic time. So nice to hear from you!!

Can you bring me back some food in a doggy bag (just crumbs would do and I don't mind sharing with George!)


'whale watching and maybe to swim in hot springs in the rain forest' sounds VERY romantic!

Keep having fun

Suburbia x

Dragonstar said...

You're having a great time - I can tell! Lovely!

Damon Lord said...

Sounds great - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I think you are making the whole thing up and are having a staycation like I did...

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh Liz have a wonderful time...it sounds as though you are!

jmb said...

So did you enjoy the road to Tofino?

Rain forest? In this part of Canada and Washington too we are just one giant rain forest!

Glad to know you are enjoying yourself and good luck with the whales.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we've heard about that shortcake... Mmmm
Great to know you're enjoying.
Yes BC rainy coast grows trees - Ireland grows bogs.

sally in norfolk said...

sounds like your having a great time... its wonderful :-)

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. Are these people you are meeting Bloggers? How exciting.

Your excitement is rather contagious - I am sat here feeling it a bit and yet I haven't gone anywhere at all.

CalumCarr said...

Liz

Continue to enjoy. A dream of a holiday!

jams o donnell said...

Wow sounds like a great trip! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

Gledwood said...

O wow! You're really out there! Hope you're having a charming time. Sorry I've not been round much the blog block thing seems to cut both ways. I've no idea why as it happens no matter what computer I use. Yours takes simply ages to download the page or whatever the terminology says I ought to say... and many times it's crashed totally. Which in an internet cafe's totally annoying as the supervisor ALWAYS assumes I have done something wrong to cause this...

Is this what happens when you try visiting me?

If so do you think there's a mutual nasty implanted in one of our blogs doing this to us..?

Suburbia said...

I have an award for you when you return :)

Leslie: said...

Oh Liz! I'm SO glad you're enjoying your time on the Island. I'm wondering if since your daughter likes a bit of posh, if you're staying at the Wickaninnish.

I'll have to check out that hotel in Victoria as I want to go back and explore the Island myself next summer - either before or after my trip to the UK, that is.

Enjoy your time in Tofino and your long car trip to the Rockies. Keep us up to date if possible with your fun! :D

Unknown said...

Glad you're having a fab time, the hotel sounds wonderful

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are enjoying yourself - thanks for thinking of us when you are so busy!
Wendy (Wales)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Sounds like a fantastic time...:-)

Barbara said...

Sounds like you ar having a wonderful time, I shall look forward to seeing the photos on your return.

Trubes said...

Hi Liz, I am enjoying reading your site and am glad you are having such a grand time in Canada.
I've read of your lunch date with Leslie and Jmb on Leslie's site.
Hopefully, I too, will meet Leslie when she comes over to the UK next year with her friend. I believe they will be meeting up with you in Wales. Wonderful stuff!

Di.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Glad you are having such a great time!