Wednesday, April 09, 2008

'Twas ever thus

You know what it's like. You're expecting a phone call or a delivery and you know the minute you leave the room, the phone will ring. You want to go to the toilet but you keep hanging on, thinking you'll can wait until after the phone call. But eventually you can't wait any longer and you have to go. You've just started when there's a ring-ring, ring-ring. Because you didn't do your pelvic floor exercises properly you can't stop mid-pee so you sit there squeezing it to come out faster, and you're just pulling up your knickers when the ringing stops.

Or you've just got out of the shower dripping wet when there's a knock on the front door. Because you don't want to traumatise the postman you pull on your dressing-gown - on top of the drips - and pull off your shower cap and run downstairs, tripping over the dog barrier as you do so, ending up flinging open the door, while grasping your wrap across you and hopping because you banged your toe. The postman backs away, passes you the parcel and leaves quickly.

Not that that sort of thing ever happens to me, you understand.

2 comments:

DeeJay said...

well not on the same day I hope!
I must tell the funny toilet story about a teleconference that I was on a few weeks ago - but then I am sure you can guess - someone forgot the 'mute' button on their headset!! Not me you understand

Rosebud said...

I'm sitting here in the dark, laughing my head off.(Trying not to wake the family) Not that I have no sympathy, but because it's so true. I've done it too, only I don't think I quiet got myself covered properly after banging my toe, and throwing the door open.