Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Something fishy

I was on my own in work today: Alun was off sick. Honestly he comes up with all sorts of excuses to avoid being in the office at the same time as me. If I wasn't so perfect I'd think he was trying to avoid me.
Anyway, after work, I went down to Mumbles and called in at the fish shop. The woman behind the counter is a miserable old bat. I have never seen her smile or exchange a pleasantry with a customer. Today she was laughing! It caught me unawares. I asked for some of the fish pie mix and she said, 'You've picked a good day for it: I don't usually put any monkfish in but i have today.' And she didn't stop smiling. It was most disconcerting. I wonder if there were hidden cameras somewhere.
So this is the pie I had for dinner. It would have been for Younger Son and me but he didn't turn up so I'll probably be having it tomorrow for dinner as well. Which is fine as it was yummy.
xx

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

He doesn't know what he is missing, it looks delicious :-)

I would have turned up ;-)

Leslie: said...

Yes, it sure does look deslish. I was alone for dinner tonight, too, Liz. Too bad we don't live next door to each other. We could have kept each other company and I'd have made dinner for you next time. bwaaahhhh

MissKris said...

We Americans underrate fish as a food. I happen to love it, especially a fresh salmon or steelhead steak...yummy! Fish chowder..fish fillets...fish sandwiches...they all rate high in my book. That pie almost had me drooling and I can't even taste anything, but it looks absolutely scrumptious!

MaryB said...

Looks sooooooo yummy! It's cold and rainy here in New York today, and a big plate of "something fishy" would hit the spot!