Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I have led a sheltered life

I'm writing about Jungle Juice at the moment. I had to google it to find out what it is and what it is is lethal.

In the old days a man would just throw all the left-over Christmas drinks in a bowl, mix it with pop, stick some slices of apple in it and call it fruit punch; today there are recipes for it. Recipes that involve using something called Everclear, which is 95% pure alcohol, several bottles of vodka, schnapps, gin, brandy and pineapple juice.

And the main benefit of it seems to be that it gets people very drunk very quickly.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I never knew what it was either.

CherryPie said...

I have never heard of jungle juice either... but I have seen potent cocktails mixed which were meant to be diluted with a mixer drink like lemonade! & some stupid idiot against all advice just had to drink it in large quantities neat!