Monday, March 31, 2008

The hall saga continues

Husband was on holiday last week and roundabout the middle of the week he had a brilliant idea. Husband's brilliant ideas are nearly as good as mine.

He decided he would hire a sander and sand and varnish the hall floor. (Remember we started decorating February 2007?)

Every room in the house still has a thin film of dust.

But it was worth it. Here is the hall after 2 coats of coloured varnish and one of clear.
As you see, my holly is still there but the fairy lights have gone. I did think of painting over the holly with daffodils but I am now living in hope that the wallpaper may go up any day. After the paint has been ... um ... refreshed as it's got a bit scruffy over the last 12 months.
xx

7 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Love your parquet floors! They look great!

I know how it is, it takes us forever to do home renovations too! Repainting and refreshing our kitchen took 3 years!

Ellee Seymour said...

I think it's time to paint over the holly - at least for a few months.

Suburbia said...

My husband has started to talk about 'doing' the bathroom, we ahven't finished the kitchen yet and we startede that in 2006!
I should have married a 'completer/finisher'!

CherryPie said...

Mmm!!! this sounds to me like my one week tiling job that took 10 weeks. Muck and dust and a cough that lasted 6 months!!! & the ruined hoover....

Liz Hinds said...

maui, suburbia and cherypie, I'm glad we're not the only ones! WE still have a section of the outside of the house that is waiting to have its first coat of paint while the rest has had 2 for a year or more now (although it took long enough for that!)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Shiny floor! I think daffs would be a great idea.

Leslie: said...

Nothing like a shiny floor, especially when the sunbeams hit it! I've got to get out the broom and hit down a few spidery threads. Daffodils would be great cuz you could leave them up all year as your national flower!