Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cue stage left

Having spent the morning in the hairdresser's I'm now rehearsing the monologue I will read this evening at the Women Centre Stage event at the Dylan Thomas Centre. There's nothing quite like the thought of an audience watching you to make a girl aware of her grey roots! Vanity thy name is ...

The performers are each allowed 10 minutes so I've had to cut bits out of my mono. It was very difficult because each word is vital obviously! I think I've got it down to 9 minutes and 43 seconds. I do hope the audience laugh. Last time I read a section of it to an, albeit small, audience, it barely raised a titter. There should be a large crowd tonight and I know it's funny (I wrote it on my Masters course and it was highly praised and appreciated by tutors and audience alike) so I really hope they laugh aloud from early on otherwise my confidence will fade faster than my voice.

I haven't told anyone I'm taking part in this event. Apart from you of course! So I'll be a Lizzie No-Mates as well.

8 comments:

CherryPie said...

Good Luck :-)

jmb said...

Break a leg, Miss Elizabeth. I'm sure you will be brilliant and vastly entertaining. Remember all your mates online will be plugging for you.

Leslie: said...

Yes, as jmb says, we're all pulling for you and wish we could be there to laugh uproariously even if we don't find it funny. No, seriously I'm sure it's going to be fab! Let us know! :D

Puss-in-Boots said...

You'll be fine, Liz. As a reader of your blog, I'm sure it'll be funny as a lot of your posts are.

Tell us how it goes and...break a leg.

Unknown said...

I’ve found that it usually takes longer to edit and cut a sermon down to appropriate length than it does to write it.

fools' cap said...

hope it went well! Dying to hear your take on it!

DeeJay said...

Good Luck although I just know you don't need it
Will be thinking of you

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you all for your good wishes, and confidence. x