Sunday, February 03, 2008

oh happy day

England 19 - 26 Wales

Oh very happy day! I have jigged round the living-room three times; I have hopped and squeaked for my country. I have risen from the depths - as Wales did like a phoenix after half-time - to the heights of euphoria.

It is twenty - that's right, 20 - years, since Wales beat England on their home ground at Twickenham. We were due for victory - but at half-time it didn't look like we were going to get it.

Wales were useless in the first half. It looked like it could only be a matter of time before the score would look dangerously one-sided. But second half saw a revived Wales - who started to play as if they actually wanted to win - and a collapsed England - who seemed to have forgotten why they were there.

I'm just too happy to write more!!! I'll just add that Husband is far more magnanimous in defeat than I am. He says he doesn't mind losing to Wales as 'it makes you so happy.'

Now it's 'Go Pats' for tomorrow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a rugby fan (I know, that's blasphemy coming from a Welsh person), but - YAY!!!

jmb said...

My goodness, I just left a comment saying go Wales, not realizing the result was here. I thought it was pretty unlikely but you never can tell.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Even I cheered when I saw that on Sky!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Congratulations! I've just heard it on the news...

Anonymous said...

Z was supporting Wales, the men folk here were supporting England, I got sent out in disgrace ;0)

jams o donnell said...

I knew you'd be happy with that scoreline. Well done Wales!

Colin Campbell said...

Go Leek Eaters.

DeeJay said...

Oh dear, I managed to stay away from what I knew was going to be a resounding Welsh victory post for all of this morning but you got me in the end!
However I will admit it was a well earned victory against an England side that just completely went to pieces in the 2nd half

Furtheron said...

Conceded.

We were rubbish 2nd half. Having had so many chances and been winning so much turnover ball 1st half really it should have been a formality.

Sadly not!

Oh well no doubt I'll have to wait for the next world cup before we suddenly get our act together and play like the team we ought to every game.