Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Betty's big ball end

There's another bit to the story of Betty's broken ball joint that I didn't include with yesterday's post. It would have made it a humungously long post instead of a just a long post, but I want to mention it as it's important to me.

Last week Younger Son couldn't use his car as he had a puncture and he didn't have any money to repair it, so he borrowed Betty to get around in. On Saturday he was paid so he removed his wheel, put it in Betty and took it to the garage for repair. While he was there, the tyre-man suggested that he keep an eye on one of Betty's tyres as that looked a bit dodgy.

Yesterday morning when I was opening the gate to get Betty out, remembering what had been said, I glanced at the tyre and noticed it did look a bit flat. (I am sorry to say that I am rather remiss about checking things like that normally.) Hence my trip to the petrol station and you know the outcome of that.

Now it could have been a serendipitous series of events that caused me to be parked rather than driving on a main road - or worse, trying to pull out across a busy main road - when Betty's ball joint went, or it could have been God.

P.S. Betty's ball joint is now repaired but I still haven't put air in the tyre! (Thanks, Stillers, for the free air information; I'll head there first next time I go out.)

1 comment:

mdmhvonpa said...

free air ... who woulda' thunk it!