Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We're all going on a bear hunt

We saw a bear in the woods today!

Okay, it wasn't really a bear but for one instant I really thought it was a big brown bear. It was quite a heart-bopping moment. It was actually an upended tree but it looked like a bear with a little imagination. (But then again who am I to say how much imagination the bear had? He might have been highly imaginative, the Roald Dahl of teh bear world. He might have thought himself to be a rabbit and wondered why everyone ran away when they saw him. Who am I to judge?)


I've mentioned before I think that the council workmen have been doing an enormous job of clearing the wood of its rogue rhododendrons (they wear masks and hold up passing coaches at night). They've cleared just about all of teh undergrowth and it's very disorientating. So disoriented was I that we ended up in the wrong place. But what do intrepid explorers care about being lost? (George says it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't made him go outside of his own garden.)


You didn't get this view before. Now you can see - with the aid of a magnifying glass - where we live.

In the centre of the picture below the sea there ... (Oh, I just had a moment of complete panic: I could hear a phone ringing, wasn't sure if it was mine, ran around like an idiot following the noise, found it was my phone ringing and couldn't remember how to answer it.) ... are some houses. One is very reddish-looking and to its left,as you look at it, there's a yellow house. That's not ours. But ours is behind it. Now, was that worth it?

2 comments:

Leslie: said...

Hmmm...I tried to open the photo to see it in larger form but couldn't. So I actually have a magnifying glass on the bookcase right beside me here and I picked it up and tried it. With a lot of squinting, I can "just" make out something yellow - VOILA!!! You really are close to the water, which is something I appreciate.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely pic but I still can't work out where you live!