Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Go Pats!

As an honorary Pats supporter, I thought I should mention that 'our' boys are off to Arizona for the Superbowl on 3rd February. If they're successful, it'll be their fourth Superbowl title in seven seasons.

The video was made a few weeks ago so doesn't include the last two victories, including yesterday's defeat of the San Diego Chargers. The New England Patriots are the first team to go 18-0 taking the record from Miami who set it in 1972 with 17 consecutive wins.

Elsie sent me the video and she's the one who introduced me to Tom Brady. And I think it's American football they play, not that it matters if Tom's playing ...

xx

6 comments:

Gledwood said...

They're called the "New England Patriots"... so where exactly are they from/do they represent? Boston? Or somewhere like that? Please explain... sorry I'm so retarded about hockey. Or basketball. Or baseball. Or that gay-looking American rugby...

James Higham said...

What's your connection with them?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor Liz. Elsie has corrupted you. Corrupted, I say. I would speak with her about this, but I'm afraid she is too far gone on the one-way road of Brady madness. There is no known cure...

DeeJay said...

Isn't it odd how small connections can lead to seemingly inappropriate support of things like sporting teams.
Because I make approximately 6 to 8 business trips a year to Massachusetts and Connecticut, I have made this connection to the New England Patriots also. I have never seen them live or on film, in fact I have never ever been to an American Football game but somehow have felt compelled to watch their progress over the past few years.

And yes this year's 18-0 is a remarkable achievement which was forecast to go no further than 16-0 when they were due to meet The Jacksonville Jaguars.

Liz Hinds said...

Gleds, I shall have to find out more before I can tell you any more! That is the limit of my knowledge.

James, Elsie in New England pointed me in Tom Brady's direction when I was posting photos of rugby players.

That's not sour grapes now is it, Winston?

Deejay, onward to 19-0 then?!

Elsie said...

Gledwood -- The Pats' Gilette Stadium is located in Foxboro, Massachusetts -- not far from Boston, but closer to Providence, Rhode Island. All New Englanders get to claim them as their home team.

Winston -- I'm still working on corrupting you! And I'm still hoping to see the Pats romp the Titans. Maybe next season.

Last words: Tom Brady is beautiful.