Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A room by the lake

I just switched off the little fan heater and asked myself, 'Why is the music still playing? I've just switched ... the little fan heater off.' That's why the music is still playing. Hey ho.

I'm dancing to Reelin' in the Years by Steely Dan. Sitting in my chair-type dancing, you understand.

On Sunday afternoon Husband fell asleep in the bath. He only woke up when he got cold because the plug wasn't in properly and the water had run out. Now that's old!

I'm not that old. Although I did something on Sunday afternoon that I haven't done for a long time: I watched a film on television. I thought I was watching Hotel du Lac but it was Room with a View. It's an easy mistake to make as it's written by the same ... different authors. But the actors in them are the sa ... different. It was that woman with the long thin face in Hotel du Lac. Not Helen Mirren. I don't think I'd like Helen Mirren but I can't remember what makes me think that.

I've just been out to the shops. Betty doesn't like winter; she has started stopping again. I have to speak severely to her. And, at the weekend, I bought her a smart new seat cover. It is black with pink flowers. I shall take a photo tomorrow.

Now I am going to make butternut squash soup to Daughter's recipe.
xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew a lot of butternut squash last year but this year I grew acorn squash instead... I have carrier bags full of them...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I chair-dance as well! Glad I'm not alone in this. I hope Betty is appreciative. Soup sounds great.

Liz Hinds said...

I've never heard of acorn squash. Butternut squash makes wonderful soup. Daughter's recipe adds a bit of chilli to give it a little kick.

I don't think Betty really appreciates it. I am having to talk VERY severely to her.

Elsie said...

Oh no! I think Betty has missed flirting with the rescue men.