Monday, November 05, 2007

An all round good day

So the morning in church went well and I got home and found an email telling me an article I'd written had won me $100! And the article was about ... football!!!!

For goodness sake, I know nothing about football! The site, for which I write about rugby, was asking for articles about the weekend's big game between Manchester United and Arsenal. This was on Thursday. I quizzed Younger Son who happens to be an Arsenal supporter then sat down and scribbled out a piece.

I finished it off on Friday afternoon, read it back and umm-ed and aah-ed about whether to submit it as my lack of real knowledge was going to look pretty obvious. 'Hey, what the heck?' I thought and sent it off.

Arsenal and Man U helped my case as they didn't play well - apparently - and the result was a draw, which was what I'd sort of anticipated in my article. So go me! Although Younger Son thinks he deserves a share of my prize. (Fat chance!)

* * * * * * * * * *

Then this afternoon Husband booked a London hotel to take me away next weekend as a birthday treat. And he booked tickets for Spamalot. What a lucky girl I am.

The only disappointment is that we couldn't go and see a puppy this weekend but we might be able to on my birthday. Life is good.
xx

9 comments:

James Higham said...

Birthday, eh?

Liz Hinds said...

Indeedy.

MaryB said...

Wow! Congratulations - a wonderful day, most definitely!

Anonymous said...

Puppy!!! When you do please show photos :0)

Birthday treats sound good :0)


Glad it went well today.

jmb said...

Good job Liz. Sometimes the ordinary stuff is rewarded while the brilliant is not. Just enjoy it.
Another November birthday? Mine this week too.

Elsie said...

Winning, weekend with husband, and a new puppy! Life doesn't get any better. Happy Birthday!

jams o donnell said...

It looks like the day went really well Liz and a nice birthday treat to look forward to.

Ph I've ben listening to It wasn't like this in the Waltons - very entertaining.

Liz Hinds said...

thank you, mary, 4kids, jmb, elsie and jams.

It's harder than we thought finding a puppy!

Glad you enjoyed 'The Waltons', jams. It was meant to be my best-selling novel but was rejected by everyone in sight!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Congratulations, Liz!