Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Whoops!

It's a good job we have a mattress in the garage.

Younger Son is using Betty Beetle to go to work so this morning, as I was going to shiatsu, I had to move Betty to get Alfie Porsche out of the garage. Betty's reverse gear is on the left; Alfie's is on the right. I started Alfie and drove forward straight into the mattress.

It should be compulsory for all cars to have gears in the same place.

I probably shouldn't have cut my fringe either. Not without my glasses on at least.

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You've made me laugh, Liz, on a day when I'm still grumpy about the comments not working properly over at mine. That was brave to cut your own fringe!

Clare said...

my mother leaves the car in gear all the time. This back fired when she parked behind me once. I went to move her car so I could get into mine and (ever so slightly) bumped into the back of my car...Serves her right for being old and learning to drive in a car with no handbrake! She doesn't know this happened. Here's hoping she doesn't check my blog...and then yours!

Puss-in-Boots said...

See, there are other uses for mattresses than just sleeping on them. They make good car protectors!

Anonymous said...

Maybe car manufacturers will take up your suggestion. However, this post has prompted me to put up another one of my own, which I will do fairly soon.