Thursday, December 28, 2006

What the chafe?!

We had a chafing dish for Christmas. Anyone know what to do with it?

Apart from that we had some lovely presents and the big news is: Husband bought me a mobile phone! He decided I'd broken down once too often and it was time to ignore my resistance to the twenty-first century.

It's a very simple phone so all I have to do now is remember to take it with me when I am out in the car. That and my power starter and there's nothing I won't be able to do.

Elder son and Fiancee brought me a genuine New York hoodie; wearing that, and with my mobile to my ear I am cool and hip. Dig it like crazy, man.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Spent this morning cleaning toilets. Daughter went down with a tummy bug on Friday and is still not properly recovered. She managed to eat a little of her Christmas dinner (cashew and mushroom layer roast) unlike Younger Son who went down with it on Christmas morning and missed out on turkey and all the goodies. He is still poorly and now Elder Son has taken to his bed complaining of stomach pains.

So far the only stomach problems I have had have been the result of too much chocolate. So that's worthwhile.

But none of this managed to spoil Christmas, which was wonderful, all being together.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

We (Husband, Elder Son, Uncle, uncle's friend - as YS was too sick - and me) were at the Liberty Stadium yesterday for the big local derby rugby match between the Swansea/Neath Ospreys and Llanelli Scarlets. The Ospreys won 50-24, ole, ole, ole, Ospreys, Ospreys!

Husband had bought me a Welsh woolly hat that I wore, forgetting until I got to the stadium and saw the Scarlets supporters that their colour was red. I struggled on not wearing it until half-time when my ears were screaming with the cold and I had to put it on. But I shouted extra-loud for the Ospreys just in case there was any doubt about whom I was supporting.

I'd been late getting tickets so we were seated in less than ideal seating three rows from the front and feet from the edge of the pitch. That was great when the Ospreys - lovely big hunky lads - were warming up in our corner, but not so good - too low - when they were scoring in the furthest corner from us. I have a theory that wherever we sit for a game, the majority of the action will be in the diagonally opposite corner. And when your eyesight isn't quite what it was ...

* * * * * * * * * * *

Daughter, Son-in-law, Holly and Charlie are just getting ready to go home. Fiancee will be arriving later on this evening for a couple of days before we all - except YS who prefers to celebrate with his friends - spend the New Year together in Devon. Assuming Husband and I don't start throwing up.

7 comments:

Serena said...

Woo-hoo! She's got a mobile and a hoodie. Liz is dangerous now.:)

That's terrible that so many of your family are sick. I hope you and your husband can celebrate the New Year without throwing up. What an awful start to the year that would be.

Is that you in the red hat?

Puss-in-Boots said...

A hoodie!!! My goodness, Liz, that's radical, lol! Welcome to the world of technology - I have a mobile phone but hardly use it. It's a safety thing for when I'm out and about in the car and come to grief in some way (you know, flat tire, split radiator hose, etc).

As for that tummy bug - it sure travels fast. Jane's father came down with it and then her eldest son both the week before Christmas. It was pretty violent apparently - I kept well out of the way!

Hope all is well with your family now.

chux said...

yer i know what you mean about Dave's (delmonti's) comments, i qualified for at least 2 of the things to be destroyed on his list!! oh well obviously he's in happy bloke mood at the moment.

Sorry about your nipper being poorly, we've all had that in our family. Wifey and I were hit when on holiday the week before last at Centerparcs.

I don't understand what you're on about with chafe? I thought thats what happend when you wear undies that are too tight, but i'm sure thats not what you meant?!

lol

all the best
Chux

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Wow a Welsh hoodie !

Welcome to the Blogpower Club.


j

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, Serena, that is me in the red hat! I should have worn my hoodie too, shouldn't I?

Robyn, it is a very violent tummy bug. Elder son was up with it last night. It seems to be a Worldwide Christmas Bug. Wonder if it's spread by the internet?!

Chux, I had the same thoughts as you about chafing. Is my sister-in-law trying to tell me something, do you think?

Jeremy, thanks for calling by. I will return the courtesy.

Serena said...

You look very sassy in that red hat.

I'm not sure about the chafing dish, but I "think" they're for keeping things warm, like dishes you've set out on a buffet table.

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I call and ear warmer. Nice picture.