Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

A big day today: West Wing Season 7 is out on DVD.

Husband says I must wait until my birthday.

It's also Jon and Becky's 2nd anniversary. Congratulations to a lovely couple!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

After church yesterday Andre was telling me that he is reading a book that claims that 9/11 was an inside job. The way the buildings fell in on themselves was more in keeping with bombs inside the building. It was all a set-up by the CIA. Just like they fooled us into believing that man had walked on the moon.

It never really happened. Just like the Holocaust.

Yeah right.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I was in church but not in church again yesterday as I went out with Alun and the older children for Sunday Club. We played Pass the Pigs and talked about knowing when to stop. Elin said she had always been taught that one is enough. Later I suggested to husband that perhaps we had failed our children: we never taught them that one is enough!

I said to Alun and the girls that as I don't drink, I didn't know what I'd be like drunk. Elin said, 'Probably we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.'

Really, I don't know where these children get this impression of me.

4 comments:

Elsie said...

9/11 -- I had the good forture to know someone who should have been at the WTC but wasn't, and the misfortune of having a childhood friend lose his wife and the mother of his two young girls in one of the towers (I'd never met her but hear she was lovely). There was no conspiracy, as you know, just beautifully worked engineering. If the WTC hadn't been so spectacularly engineered, blocks and blocks would have been gone, instead of it falling in on itself. Hubby's a structural engineer, so we have to say that.

Hope Younger Son is now feeling much better!

Liz Hinds said...

After I'd written this post I worried it might sem that i was being flippant: I wasn't. 9/11 was an horrendous thing.

Anonymous said...

Your post didn't seem flippant at all. Your "yeah right" comment said it all brilliantly.

And I loved "an horrendous." I finally stopped using the "n" before the "h" after being teased repeatedly about it. Perhaps, when I feel the need, I can write to you?

Liz Hinds said...

Any time, Elsie, any time!