Sunday, September 10, 2006

Raspberries


Two totally unconnected things happened yesterday.

1) Husband said I looked sexy in my Eric Morecambe shorts and welly boots.

2) Husband got a letter from the optician saying his eye test was overdue.

The reason for shorts and welly boots was the continuing saga of the raspberry patch. You might remember that some time ago I related how I'd cleared the old over-grown raspberry patch ready to plant new healthy bushes.
A month later we bought 10 raspberry bushes ready for planting.

Two months after first clearing the soil my lovely patch of dug and bare earth was covered with convolvulus but no raspberry bushes. I cleared it.

A month later - yesterday and today - I cleared it again. This time husband planted the 7 dead and 3 live plants.

It looks lovely - all fresh (as long as you ignore the bare non-sprouting stalks) and earthy. It is very satisfying, especially when you can pretend you are burying someone who wouldn't recognise a funny story if it stood up and kicked them in the backside.


Speaking of dead things, Younger Son and his buddies are having a Steve Irwin Tribute Day today. I assume it involves watching videos and drinking lots of Australian beer.

No comments: