Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Losing it

I found my sunglasses.

Not the recently-lost-and-found ones, which I bought this year to replace last year's missing ones, but last year's. The ones that were missing.

They were in my holiday handbag.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I had lost 1 lb at weigh-in last night. That means I now weigh half a pound less than when I joined Weightwatchers four weeks ago. And I'm about to go on holiday - have I mentioned that? - so goodness knows what my weight will be next weigh-in.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *


A friend sent me a card with this photo and the legend, 'laughter is the medicine of life.'

We laugh a lot in our house. The friend has spent some time staying with us recently and she commented on it.

But I don't think our laughter is quite as whole-bodied and exuberant as these children's!

Nearly finished now for what is definitely the last post before our hols but I just want to plug my podcast again.

You can hear the first chapter of my novel, It wasn't like this in the Waltons, here on Jellycast. I'd love to know what you think - constructively, please!

There's also a link in the side-bar.

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Glad you found your sunglasses; you've inspired me to look for mine one last time.

I hope you have a great week on what surely is a well-deserved vacation! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I would love to listen, but my provider has a limite on my download, before an additional charge kicks in. Have a fun time on Hols.

MaryB said...

Liz, I listened to part one of your story today and was spewing tea outta my nose! Is that you reading it? The voices and inflections were just hilarious. I could relate to so much of what was happening. Alison's wonderful - very real. When can I hear the next part????