Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I did something stupid today

No, really I did.

I'd arranged to see Jon, the trainer at the gym, to talk about devising a fitness program for me to follow. I have circuit training tonight so I wasn't intending on exercising beforehand - but as I was there ...

Anyway, Jon wanted me to do a fitness test. With a belt strapped round my chest I had to cycle a mile, I think. At the end of it I scored 2/5 with a VO2 level of either 21 or, as I thought, 121.

If it was 121, I am fitter - incredibly more so - than Superior Men; if it was 21, I am in the Poor Woman range. That is very disappointing.

And only 2 out of 5? If that's for fifty-something women, then it's appalling; if it's for the population in general, it's somewhere to work from. I will have to ask Jon for clarification next time.

Meantime I still have circuits to do tonight. All I really want to do is go to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. Interesting bird in the previous post. Haven't seen one like it in Germany. Was confused about it until I scrolled down and found the story and pics.