Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What's going on?

I spent half an hour earlier searching upstairs for photos of my old home and on the net for photos of the library. Failing to find either I decided it would be quicker to pop down to Mumbles and take some of my own. Such is the wonder of a digital camera!

Now we have a new camera that doesn't have a view-finder. In the bright sunshine it is absolutely impossible to see anything on the little screen thing. It's a case of pointing the camera in what seems to be the right direction and hoping for the best. Not a lot different from what I normally do but at least I can blame the camera instead of my lack of ability for the poor quality of the photos!

I come back, download them and am reasonably pleased with them in that I didn't miss the subject altogether (no, it's not impossible to miss a house.) Then what happens? I upload them successfully - it says - onto Blogger but do they appear in my blog? No, they don't. And I tried three times. Which probably means that, tomorrow, when blogger gets over its hangover, duplicate photos of Oystermouth Library will appear all over the place. If they turn up in your blog, just delete them. Don't worry about all the effort I put into getting them for you.

Back to the camera - has anyone else had this problem? And come up with a resolution to it?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Wear a hood? My camera has a viewfinder

Liz Hinds said...

Me or the camera?