Thursday, July 27, 2006

What can you see?

According to the book I'm reading, Why Men Don't Listen etc, Mr Boring devised this illustration to demonstrate how men and women perceive things differently. What can you see?


Husband and I see different things at first glance. He sees what is 'normally' seen by women; I see what is 'normally' seen by men. I don't know what that means.

Again according to research, women ogle men at least as much if not more than men ogle women. However because women have greater peripheral vision, it is less obvious. And why do they have greater peripheral vision? Because as women have always been defenders of the nest they needed to be able to take in as much as they could so as to spot anyone creeping up on their babes.

Men, on the other hand, as hunters, needed to have a small focused vision to zero in on targets for the kill.

Quote: My wife can see a blonde hair on my coat from twenty feet, but she hits the garage door when she parks the car.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I see an old woman with a black fringe and a hood type hat with a feather.

Try as I might I cannot see anything else!

Elsie said...

I see a beautiful young woman with her head turned away towards the right. She has a choker on her neck and a fur wrap. After reading shirleen's description, I went back and can indeed also see an old woman. Funny how the mind works!

Liz Hinds said...

I saw the young woman first too. It took me ages to see the old woman.

Apparently men normally see the young woman, and women the old.

Shirley said...

Oh oh oh! I was scrolling through and 'saw' the young woman now isn' that strange? My Dort and Son and Paul all saw the old lady!