Sunday, May 21, 2006

Strange things to do in bed No.1

I was lying in bed this morning trying to spell pina colada backwards. No, I don't know why.

Then into prison again. It was pouring with rain and the only coat with a hood that I could find belonged to younger son so I borrowed that. Driving to the prison two thoughts occurred to me:
this coat spells very ... studenty;
I really hope the drugs dog isn't on duty today.

He wasn't.

The King's Men (not the ones who couldn't put Humpty together again) were entertaining the inmates. A group of six singers all in white shirts and red ties. A mini male voice choir. Singing rousing hymns about the blood of Jesus and the old rugged cross. They finished and then the leader realised they had a bit of time to spare so asked if the men would like them to do another song. 'No,' came the reply. (There were lots of 'yeses' as well so they did.)

Spelling backwards is easy; it is words like broccoli and cappuccino that catch me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's your right-hand brain telling your left-hand brain to keep exercising...