Monday, May 29, 2006

It's nearly June ...

and it's flippin' freezing.

On Saturday Harvs and I walked to the playing fields. As well as the gulls and pigeons that are always there, there were ducks ... swimming across the cricket field. Is summer ever going to come?

We've spent most of this Bank Holiday weekend digging. We have a layered garden outside our French doors leading up to the main bit of the garden where we sit (in the summer sun, ha!) I had this brilliant idea that a pond with a little stream trickling into it in place of the always-weedy garden would be a great improvement.

So last summer we bought all the pond stuff and then put it away until we could be bothered. Last week I decided it was time to be bothered and got younger son out digging holes with me. Husband, with YS as gopher, has taken over the development of the pond leaving me to the bit I'm best at - wholescale clearance of the layered beds (I forgot to mention that my plan included a ramp for Harvs who can no longer manage the steps).

Husband is never one to do things half-heartedly. My little trickling stream has become Niagara.

Or it will be when it's finished. Next year maybe?

No comments: