Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A strange thing happened on my way

We were just coming back from the woods, across a small piece of open land at the edge of the tip, when we met a man and his dog. He (the man) said. 'In the last five days my dog has found 20 golf balls here.'

This is very odd as: a) we were nowhere near a golf course; and b) I have never ever seen anyone practising hitting little white balls in the limited space not covered by trees. The dog-owner suddenly just coming out with that comment wasn't at all strange. Dog owners are like that.

But what is even odder is that I had no sooner walked far enough to mutter to myself, 'I've never seen a golf ball here; he must be imagining it,' when what do I see but a golf ball. Spooky or what?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That space time thingy again!