Sunday, April 30, 2006

Harvey barked this afternoon!

I never thought I would be glad to hear Harvey bark. After two days of hardly moving, he's walked around the house a bit today and eaten some food. And barked. Just a woof or two but loud enough.

Doctor Liz thinks he might have had a mini-stroke. His left eyelid is droopy - rather like a bloodhound's - and it wasn't like that before. Also his mouth looks a little different. My mum had a stroke and her eye drooped so that is the basis for my diagnosis.

He's eaten one of Holly's chews and now he's asleep again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Daughter and son-in-law left here about half an hour ago. Daughter just phoned to see if Holly is all right: she's staying with us while they go to London. I was able to report that Holly is playing in the garden and not missing them at all. I think they were pleased to hear that.

No comments: