Friday, April 14, 2006

A good Friday

The Easter Bunny came to our house today!

It was hopping across the back of our garden, cheeky as you like. We ran out to see it but it ran away, back through the hole in the fence.

It didn't leave any eggs either. But it made my day.

Now I am making some Hot Cross Buns. Ideally I would have got up early and had them ready for breakfast for everyone - actually I can set my breadmaker to come on by itself but I'm happy for that little wonder of science to remain a mystery to me until I really have no choice but to work it out - but I didn't think about buns until lunchtime.

I haven't made buns in my breadmaker before so I was waiting for the ping to tell me it's time to put the sultanas (they should be raisins but sultanas are fatter and juicier, I think) in and it didn't come. That's okay. I expect it will be fine for me to push them in - one by one - when I'm shaping the buns. I had to cobble a variety of recipes together as it was so I'm not expecting these to be the best Hot Cross Buns ever.

But then again I wasn't expecting to see an Easter Bunny.

No comments: