Monday, April 10, 2006

Dyeing to be different

I probably should have read the information leaflets before I tried dyeing my dress. My assumption that, 'oh, well I can try a different method,' might prove to be a tad difficult. Other methods involve simmering saucepans and I don't have a saucepan big enough to simmer and agitate a long and heavy dress. I am the one who could be agitated by the end of the day.

Or it could be son number one who, with his lovely girlfriend, is coming down to stay this week ... some time ... when they have reached a decision. The bathroom is nearly finished but lacks a door. As does the upstairs toilet. Husband is a perfectionist regarding decorating. Where I would just slap it on, he takes the door off, scrubs it, rubs it down and paints it flat. We end up with a well-painted door. Eventually.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Walked into church yesterday with B. Our conversation was stilted. I cannot think of anything I have done to cause upset but maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Alternatively it could be that B is, as some suggest, inclined to be on and off.

No comments: